- Develop and maintain strong client relationships. Manage all aspects of tax service delivery to clients.
- Involvement with client and prospect proposals, budgeting projects and billing.
- Planning and reviewing tax engagements for businesses, individuals, and trusts. Business entities will include corporations, S-corporations and partnerships and include consolidated and multi-state reporting and planning considerations.
- Perform complex tax research and apply to client situations. Identify and implement tax-savings opportunities for clients.
- Perform detailed review of income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740.
- Managing various tax consulting projects including projects related to federal tax planning, restructuring, controversy, and accounting for income taxes. This includes assisting with client M&A and succession tax planning in collaboration with firm members, clients and legal counsel.
- Represent clients in front of federal and state tax authorities.
- Be a team player in providing a wide variety of services to clients. Communicate with other practice area team members to proactively and effectively serve our clients.
- Supervise, mentor and train staff. Participate in formal and informal staff evaluations and career path development.
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation
- 8 years or more of recent and relevant public accounting experience
- Significant experience with S-corporations and partnerships flow-through entities
- Experience with high-level tax preparation and research software (CCH ProSystem fx and IntelliConnect preferred)
- Critical thinking and multi-task project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills to work closely with service team and clients
- Experience in managing projects and staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications