- Manage staff workloads and deadlines, answer questions and assist them with their projects
- Review and prepare all types of income tax returns
- Review and prepare payroll returns
- Review and prepare clients’ bookkeeping
- Develop and maintain new business prospects
- Communicate with clients and taxing authorities via phone, e-mail and letters
- Maintain client portal
- Manage and develop skills of other staff members
- Research tax issues using multiple sources
- Manage within budgetary & time constraints, providing a high level of client satisfaction.
- Anticipating and addressing client concerns and handling problems as they arise.
- Promote new ideas and business solutions to existing clients.
- Develop an understanding of client's business and becoming a "functional expert" in the area.
- Minimum of 6 -7 years of experience working in a public accounting firm
- A. certification preferred, CPA not required
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- A proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects and timely servicing various clients
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance, tax software and MS Office
- A strong knowledge of Quickbooks, Quickbooks On-Line, Sage 50 (formerly Peachtree), spreadsheets and shoe boxes
- Above average comfort level with computers and computer software
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous supervisory experience a plus
- Overtime plus weekends during tax season (January through April) and as necessary throughout the year