- Calculate, prepare and post general journal entries.
- Monthly general ledger closing process via preparation of journal entries and performing basic analysis of account activity.
- Voucher appraisal vendor invoices and process check requests.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries, reclassification entries and other entries, as necessary.
- Back up and supply overflow capacity for assigned transactional roles.
- Lead/resolve research of “ad hoc” accounting questions. And assist with special projects, as required.
- Assist with month-end close process, as assigned.
- Assist in preparation of documentation for external auditors and respond to audit requests/questions.
- Identify, drive, implement and maintain process improvements of accounting processes for increased efficiencies and controls enhancement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Two or more years related experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated use of general accounting knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite of products with emphasis in Excel –VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, Macros, etc.
- Knowledge of Encompass Digital Lending Platform (LOS) and Microsoft Dynamics NAV (ERO) Loan Vision are a plus.
- Residential mortgage banking industry and familiarity with Mortgage banking/products and investors is a plus, but not required.
- Well organized, analytical, positive attitude, strong work ethic, collaborative mindset, understands the meaning of teamwork.