- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare general ledger entries.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of accounts.
- Daily accounting and monthly close procedures timely and accurately.
- Effectively utilize financial reporting tools to improve the efficiency of the reconciliation, journal entry and close processes.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Collect appropriate data and prepare federal, state, and local government surveys.
- Communicate with corporate and branch personnel as it relates to accounting and finance questions and resolves issues.
- Provide necessary support for external auditors.
- Identify, design and implement accounting process improvements and efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 2-5 years in accounting.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Ability to construct and manipulate pivot tables and look ups a plus.