- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare general ledger entries.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation of accounts including appropriate supporting documentation.
- Daily accounting and monthly close procedures are completed timely and accurately.
- Effectively utilize financial reporting tools to improve the efficiency of the reconciliation, journal entry and close processes.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local government surveys.
- Communicates with corporate and branch personnel as it relates to accounting and finance questions and resolves issues.
- Provide necessary support for external auditors.
- Identifies, designs and implements accounting process improvements and efficiencies.
- Performs ad hoc reports and special projects as needed.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 2-5 years in accounting.
- CPA or other professional accounting certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and query tools is essential.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Ability to construct and manipulate pivot tables and look ups a plus.