- Oversees the preparation of federal and state corporate income tax returns (including foreign entity information reporting such as Forms 5471, 8858, and 8865).
- Supervises, reviews, and assists with all steps of US GAAP accounting for income taxes.
- Assists in managing and reviewing tax processes for international entities with external tax providers.
- Manages tax audits in various jurisdictions as necessary.
- Monitors tax legislation and performs tax research in order to provide management with recommendations to resolve complex tax issues.
- Reviews and assists with preparation of tax budgets and forecasts.
- Continuously identifies ways to improve and automate tax and data collection processes.
- Identify, anticipate, and resolve tax issues and advise management regarding tax impact of corporate strategies.
- Take an active role in strategic tax planning initiatives including the implementation and maintenance of tax initiatives.
- Takes a significant role in development of tax staff to support engagement, growth, and goal achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Advanced degree and CPA preferred.
- 5-8 years of corporate income tax experience with public accounting firm and/or large corporation.
- Strong working knowledge of tax laws and regulations as well as tax accounting.
- International tax experience preferred.
- Experience leading and managing initiatives.
- ProSystem Tax (or similar) software experience required.
- Excellent tax research skills as well as effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.