- Develop a month end financial close process, including a checklist of standard journal entries and other necessary activities
- Preparing journal entries for non-routine transactions.
- Preparing financial statements, monthly and quarterly financial reports, weekly forecasts to Management Team summarizing current, prior period and projected financial position (e.g. forecast and budgets), as well as explaining unusual and large variances
- Generate complete and accurate month end and quarterly closing reports (e.g. balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements) and deliver to Management in a timely manner
- Overseeing and optimizing the Accounts Payable function
- Reconcile the numerous bank accounts and related activity daily
- Recording the payroll, payroll taxes, and fringes entry correctly for the entire company, impacting the appropriate expense or liabilities
- Analyzing and reconciling all general ledger accounts and ensure all transactions are properly supported with detailed records, such as valid, binding contracts
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistences in general ledger accounts.
- Reconciling vendor balances to statements and ensuring that the Company pays according to agreed-upon terms
- Producing financial data for management team upon request and assisting with other special Accounting projects from time to time
- Assisting with the annual audits by serving as Company liaison with auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field required
- 2+ years progressive accounting experience in public accounting or similar work environment
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel