- Analyze compensation expense results to validate period over period variances.
- Post, review and validate transactions and manual entries that impact the compensation expense and compensation payable accounts.
- Act as the point of contact between HR, Payroll, and New Employees in obtaining the required compensation documents executed and set up in our compensation system.
- Provide Customer Service to those who inquire about their compensation plans or payouts.
- Contribute to interim and year-end external audit efforts - control documentation, walkthroughs, testing in relation to compensation.
- Provide adequate internal customer service, as well as effectively understand all variables that impact commission’s expense.
- Perform account reconciliations for compensation expense and payable accounts.
- Manage sub-ledger schedules for compensation plans.
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset to drive process and reporting improvements.
- Support Management objectives and special projects including but not limited to implementations of new software and rollouts of new compensation plans.
- BS in Accounting from four year college or university
- Two or more years related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of Accounting software and Excel.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles, economic principles, applicable laws, codes and regulations.