- Manage Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables.
- Set up new jobs and maintain job budgets as required by Project Managers.
- Enter and maintain job costs, cost codes, change orders, and purchase orders.
- Request invoices from subs and vendors when necessary.
- Lead vendor and communication when inquiring on invoice/payment status.
- Prepare weekly cost reports.
- Perform month-end reconciliation for the bank, credit card, and prepaid insurance.
- Perform month-end cost accounting.
- Invoice/expenses analysis and cost control.
- Oversee accruals and CCIP reporting.
- Assist with year-end tax preparation and filing.
- Assist with multi-state tax filing.
- Prepare closing journal entries.
- Maintain electronic vendor and payables files.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 4 years of accounting experience in the construction-related industry.
- CPA preferred.
- Job costing experience required.
- Deltek or similar construction accounting software experience.
- Knowledge in additional accounting + project management/ estimating software is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective communication, including writing, speaking and active listening.