- Coordinates all activities related to procurement beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date required.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Assures on time delivery, at the negotiated price, and to agreed quality standards.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Speaks and writes clearly and informatively; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.