- Process Semi-Monthly payroll.
- Collective bargaining monthly reporting.
- Tax reporting, weekly, semi-weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Supports internal and external audit requests pertaining to payroll
- Maintains current knowledge of Federal, State, Local and multi-union payroll regulations and taxation, including those related to employee benefits
- Maintain accurate employee records
- Maintain company level tables (earnings, deductions, liabilities, union classifications, etc.)
- Routine time and payroll record audits
- Weekly certified payroll reporting
- Weekly internal labor reporting
- Calculate and prepare layoff / termination checks
- Complete VOE requests
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary
- Setup payroll tables within software for payroll processing
- Provide guidance and assistance to other members of the team and serve as back-up support.
- Minimum of 5 years payroll experience (multi-state, union, construction contractor preferred)
- FPC or CPP designation preferred
- Experience with Vista by Viewpoint software a plus ++
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve and use technology to improve efficiency
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and union regulations
- Able to assist with audits, reconciliations, and year-end processing.