- Manage bi-weekly and semi-monthly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to 600+ associates
- Ensure the processing of new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely
- Review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Audit payroll previews, W-4s, annual W-2s, and YTD earnings, etc.
- Process quarterly unemployment taxes for applicable states
- Work with HR and benefits in aligning and implementing payroll deductions, wage increases, final paychecks for termed associates and compliance testing
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect current associate base, including wages, benefits, sick and paid time off (PTO)
- Annual reconciliation of Worker Compensation insurance premiums
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports
- Directly supervises and manages Payroll Coordinator
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree preferred
- CPP, preferred
- Three to five years of experience managing a multi-state payroll department
- Maintain current and complete understanding of Federal and State laws
- Extensive knowledge of payroll administration, taxes, regulations, and payroll systems.