- Gathers, analyzes and prepares financial analysis reports for internal departments as needed.
- Meets regularly with internal department heads to review financial performance relative to budget and develop understanding of variances and forecast inputs.
- Serves as first contact to field management with all financial questions.
- Participates in the annual budget process; analyzes, recommends and prepares base level and selected department budgets.
- Works closely with accounting to ensure proper coding of invoices/transactions.
- Prepares monthly payroll variance analysis by updating, maintaining and reporting from payroll data.
- Prepares quarterly forecasts for capital expenditures.
- Works closely with internal facility department to track capital facilities spending, analyze variances to plan and develop forecast.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent financial background and knowledge.
- Knowledge of cost accounting and working in an aviation environment preferred
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Access databases & Excel spreadsheets and a working background with financial ratio analysis as well as reading accounting financial statements.