- Supports School and Advancement office strategies and plans, organizes, and implements annual departmental goals and objectives.
- Develops and manages fundraising strategies, fundraising plan and donor relationships.
- Identifies and researches prospective donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations.
- Implements measurable and applied metrics for success, maintaining an ongoing evaluation and reporting system for individual giving from all constituencies.
- Manages and supervises Advancement office colleagues and collaborates with other school departments in increasing individual and annual giving support from all constituencies, including alumni, parents, past parents, grandparents, and faculty and staff.
- Works with the Assistant Head of School for Mission Advancement on major and planned gifts to meet or exceed annual income goals.
- Manages a portfolio of donors who have the capacity to make annual, major and planned gifts.
- Maintains accurate endowment fund records.
- Develops a strategy of increasing current parent participation and gift amounts in annual giving.
- Gift recording in database management systems according to all IRS specifications.
- Acknowledges gifts on behalf of the organization.
- Approves and increases the corporate matching gift program.
- Develops and manages a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone, social media, personal visits, events and volunteers. Coordinates and implements giving societies and executes donor recognition events.
- Develops and tracks revenue and expense budget.
- Supervises a collaborative staff including the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, the Assistant Director of Special Events and the Advancement Operations Coordinator.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience of professional advancement experience, with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive donor relationships and securing major gifts within independent schools or other non-profit organizations.
- Minimum of 5+ years of direct management experience.
- Experience in using development software.
- Excellent computer skills including Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Small and large group presentation skills.
- Volunteer recruitment and management experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively supervise, coach and manage a team while modeling and reinforcing the values and mission.
- Demonstrated analytical and fundraising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Successful completion of pre-employment and annual criminal background checks.