- Provide overall management and direction for the data analytics and reporting team.
- Establish performance expectations, communicate, monitor, provide feedback and execute appropriate next steps.
- Ensure the team effectively uses various analytic techniques such as statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining and trending.
- Manage the production of standard client reports which capture a variety of data including operational performance, performance trends, work queues, client profitability, standards or other required metrics.
- Ensure reports accurately reflect the data residing in key systems, as well as develop and document processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- Recognize inaccurate or inconsistent data and assist in resolving data quality problems through error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts and data stewards.
- Implement processes to ensure reporting is updated as needed. Working with client and HIM, establish standard reporting formats and recognize client playbooks.
- Establish an analytics repository which documents and stores all reporting requirements, data sources used and recommended report writing applications.
- Oversee the development of appropriate methodologies for collecting, analyzing and presenting data. Ensure methodologies are updated to recognize changing requirements.
- Evaluate potential tools and platforms to be leveraged to deliver and/or automate data analytics
- Develop useful and insightful information from a variety of data sources. Consider data repositories (Salesforce, client systems, ReviewMate, etc.) and ensure consistent reporting and accurate data. Examine data quality.
- Establish the framework for analyzing and presenting data.
- Manage report distribution, security and automation. Comply with client deadlines. Maintain HIPAA compliance when obtaining, working with, storing, and/or distributing data.
- Develop trended data, review and interpret the results. Describe the story behind the metrics and partner with HIM to assess and determine appropriate next steps. Point out problems with process, productivity and/or quality and participate with HIM in problem solving.
- Review and analyze information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes and procedures.
- Use available data to support performance improvement.
- Conducts data cleaning to remove old, unused data or duplicative data from systems to ensure better management and quicker access.
- Master’s degree or a combination of a bachelor’s degree and advanced formal training within Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Information Science, Data Management or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ professional work experience with exposure to report-writing, interpreting and analyzing data, developing and presenting data findings and/or visualizations, and data modeling.
- Prior experience leading or managing a team.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Healthcare related experience; understanding of HIPAA Privacy and Security standards.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs