- The Controller will serve as the Company’s principal Accounting / Finance director.
- Establish and maintain the company’s financial records, accounting systems, and accounting policies.
- Preparation of customary financial statements (monthly, quarterly, and annual income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements) including written commentary on results, trends, and drivers of performance.
- Preparation of detailed financial and operating budgets. Reconciliation of actual results against budgeted results on monthly/quarterly/annual bases, including analysis of variances.
- Preparing and updating “dashboards” on a weekly and monthly basis to provide managers with timely insights into trends and performance of the business, staff productivity, etc. The Company has in place an assortment of dashboards and templates, though the VP Finance will, from time to time, be asked to supplement or build upon what is in place.
- Tax filings including preparation of k-1 statements.
- Capital planning and capital allocation analyses including with respect to investments in opening new recovery centers.
- Coordinate regularly with managers who lead service lines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of experience including progressively greater responsibilities over time.
- CPA degree is desirable but not mandatory
- Experience working in a public accounting firm would also be desirable.
- Extensive, detailed knowledge of accounting, financial systems, and financial controls.
- Capable of utilizing financial reports / dashboards / analyses to drive decision making about the business.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, and drive. Roll-up your sleeves approach and a strong work ethic are important. The successful candidate will be able to step into a well-established finance and accounting function, learn quickly, assume leadership, and then make further improvements over time.
- Hands-on work experience in the healthcare industry is imperative, including experience billing and collecting from third party managed care payers. Extensive knowledge of revenue recognition and reporting in an entirely fee for service environment.