Controller (Hands On)
Growing, family owned company is adding to their small team. The Controller will have responsibility for accounting, analysis & reporting as well as working w/ the external auditors, insurance brokers and office supply companies. In addition, this person will be the “go to” individual when the President is out of the office.
- Month End close
- Prepare financial statements
- Process payroll and pay all taxes.
- Pay 401K contributions.
- Prepare all payroll tax returns.
- Prepare union reports.
- Prepare Sales Tax Returns.
- Balance bank statements..
- Accounts Payable—enter bills into computer and pay.
- Pension plans—401K and Defined Benefit Pension plans.
- Personal Property and Real Estate Tax bills and declarations.
- Maintain Fixed Assets.
- Work w/ 3rd party vendors as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- QuickBooks desktop experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred