- Manage outsourced functions, primarily with the CPA firm on estimated tax payments and submit monthly and process tax returns.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving departmental goals and objectives.
- Oversight of the manager within the accounts receivable and billing departments.
- Process bi-weekly employee payroll in a timely manner. Payroll processing includes commissions, employee expense reimbursement, and depositing 401k match through 401k website. Manage 401k loans, garnishments, and annual profit share deposit.
- Calculate monthly Trial Commissions and Court Reporting Commissions. Verify accuracy of Court Reporting commissions through Managing Director.
- Ensure periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Check online activity for bank accounts daily, to detect fraud.
- Complete monthly internal financial statements on a timely basis, providing analysis and understanding of variances, projections and trends.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage cash flow through the bank accounts and line of credit.
- Manage the creation, preparation and maintenance of the budgeting process for monthly, quarterly and annual bill payments, taxes, payroll and other expenses and income.
- Oversee independent contractor pay.
- Oversee the issuance of 1099’s annually for independent contractors and affiliates.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Analyze vendor bills for opportunities to realize cost savings.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audit.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of accounting experience or any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting principles and practices including applicable computer applications, financial reporting, principles of budget preparation and control, pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and QuickBooks. Prefer experience with Integrated Payroll Systems (IPS) software.