- Under the direction of Internal Audit management, support the assessment of internal controls over financial reporting as required under SOX (Section 404 Reporting) by facilitating process/procedural documentation, performing walkthroughs, executing test plans and documenting audit results.
- Directly assist external auditors with substantive testing procedures for annual financial statement and benefit plan audits.
- Execute work plans supporting the completion of discretionary internal audit projects and address other ad hoc requests from management.
- Assist with the identification of key controls and improvements to key controls, business processes, and related documentation.
- Assist with IT-related audit activities, including IT general controls and application controls testing and the execution of computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs).
- Participate in recurring status meetings with Internal Audit management, as well as meetings with the business and/or external auditors, as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in auditing and/or accounting with SOX exposure; public accounting or internal audit (SOX) experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license, or ability to attain CPA license, preferred
- Primary understanding of audit methodologies and control frameworks, professional auditing standards, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to prioritize work assignments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical rigor for financial and accounting duties
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to implement creative solutions
- Ability to travel domestically 10-15% of the year
- Ability to work overtime, as needed