- Assist in the strategic planning process and long-term financial planning processes
- Create databases and help refine analytical frameworks, models, tools, etc. to support strategic planning and corporate development efforts
- Assist in preparing financial analyses, pro-forma financial statements, business cases and valuation models for existing businesses and potential new businesses and services.
- Assist on M&A projects, participating to varying degrees in certain phases of project and transaction work
- Assist in preparing recommendations and making presentations for potential acquisitions, investments and other strategic initiatives, including new regulated and non-regulated businesses, to the senior management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or MBA (with concentration in finance) is required.
- Financial analysis experience; ability to assist in evaluating business opportunities; properly frame a problem, weigh relevance and accuracy of information; evaluate alternative paths forward and assist with recommendations
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Analytical mind and able to synthesize information from a variety of sources to help identify market trends and opportunities, understand strategic risks and opportunities, help develop and evaluate potential acquisitions and new business investments.
- Proven track record of persistence, sound judgement, and ability to work effectively within a dynamic work setting.
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and ability to help create persuasive presentations for the Leadership Council, Board of Directors or other audiences.