- Manage daily Accounts Receivable operations, approving and authorizing various transactions as defined by our systems and limits of authority.
- Drive accountability for internal control compliance of all AR activities and support all internal and external audit requests.
- Support team needs, coordinating cross-functional efforts that drive process improvements and support the company’s strategic Initiatives.
- Explore and lead innovative solutions and initiatives to eliminate highly manual tasks within Shared Services.
- Develop cross-training programs to eliminate single points of failure and ensure business continuity.
- Support talent development and succession planning within the AR team.
- Continually evaluate talent and skill set needs that support strategic direction and technology initiatives.
- Generate reporting to support system reconciliation and performance metrics. Coordinate the daily reconciliation of systems and cash to ensure each is in balance.
- Work with IT and appropriate Finance and Branch personnel to resolve any out of balance conditions.
- Manage AR offsets, bad debt entries, and miscellaneous cash receipts; preparing and posting journal entries in multiple systems.
- Prepare month-end close and other AR-related reports. Perform monthly Accounting close activities such as clearing inter-company invoices from AR, approving adjustments, opening/closing AR periods and scheduling AR production reports.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Treasury, Tax, and Accounting departments to ensure proper recording of transactions.
- Manage the Unclaimed Property processes throughout the year, annually preparing and submitting a consolidated Unclaimed Property report.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility within AR / Finance / Accounting roles
- 2+ years of people management experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, and thorough
- Extensive experience with financial ERP systems, Oracle or SAP preferred
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Preferred knowledge in any or all of: Advanced Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, Alteryx, RPA or machine learning
- Project management experience a definite plus