- Manage day-to-day functions of a fast-paced accounts payable department including customer and vendor relationships, weekly payment processing (check, ACH and Credit Card Payments), expense reporting processes, and reporting as assigned.
- Oversee semi-monthly payments of independent contract pay.
- Manage accounts payable functions related to the general ledger.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations governing payment to vendors including companies and consultants, including annual filing of form 1099-MISC.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of information into the system and subsequent payments.
- Analyzes and resolves complex or difficult problems presented by subordinates or vendors.
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Create and implement changes to work assignments, methods, or procedures to meet operational needs, while developing, improving and maintaining systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency of the accounts payable system.
- Review accounts payable documents prepared by subordinates for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to policy.
- Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Assist with Mergers and Acquisitions implementation and other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- Seven or more years of accounts payable experience in a fast-paced, high volume setting
- Three to five years of leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, regulations, and procedures as they relate to purchasing and accounts payable.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
- Must possess solid understanding of the procurement to payment cycle.
- Must have ERP Accounts Payable system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience.
- Prior experience with Mergers and Acquisitions and project management and migration a plus.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, clients, and upper management.
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good presentation skills for educating internal customers on accounting principles.