Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Prepare income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. Ensure accuracy and compliance with standards. Analyze financial data to identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities. Provide insight and recommendations to management.
General Ledger Management & Month End / Year End Close Process
- Maintain and reconcile the general ledger accounts, ensuring that transactions are accurately recorded and classified. Lead the month-end and year-end closing processes, which may involve compiling information such as WIP & utilization, reconciling accounts, posting adjusting journal entries, and producing financial reports.
Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Oversee & support all AP & AR processes including making payments, establishing accounts, establishing & maintain customer credit, processing invoices & managing AR collections. Provide general day-to-day support of accounting staff responsible for these functions.
HR Payroll Processing
- Accurately tracking and disbursing employee wages while ensuring compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Communication: Collaborate with other departments, management, and stakeholders to provide general support, process support, financial information, and insights.
- Team Supervision: supervise accounting staff, providing guidance and training.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist in the budgeting and forecasting processes, providing financial data and analysis to support decision-making and budget tracking.
- Cash Management: Monitor and manage the company's cash flow, ensuring that there is enough liquidity to meet its financial obligations.
- Standard & Ad Hoc Reporting: Administer standard automated reporting in support of departmental needs. Generate ad hoc reports and analysis as requested by management.
- Leverage Software / Systems: Utilize accounting software and financial management systems to streamline financial processes and reporting. Ensure data accuracy and security.
- Financial Projects: Participate in special financial projects, such as system implementations, mergers, acquisitions, or process improvements.
- Compliance and Regulations: Stay informed about changes in accounting standards and regulations that may impact the company's financial reporting and compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- MBA and/or CPA a plus, but not required.
- Three years minimum accounting experience
- A demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
- General understanding of Payroll and HR laws/functions is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office - Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel including V-Lookup, pivot tables and graphs.