- Direct, monitor and evaluate the activities and performance of assigned accounting staff
- Assist in the month end closing process including journal entry preparation, account analysis and Reconciliations
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure and financial System
- Monitoring bank accounts for electronic transactions and adequate balances to meet cash requirements and post bank transaction in GL system
- Prepare intercompany transactions and reconcile accounts
- Works closely with designated staff to coordinate accounting processes, meet deadlines, resolve issues and enhance the organization
- Analyzes current accounting practices and policies and recommends changes as appropriate
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring accounting activities in order to meet deadlines; Streamlines processes to create efficiencies in workload
- Prepare miscellaneous reports as requested
- Degree or Equivalent Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Progressive experience in an accounting supervisory role.
- Specialized Training Industry knowledge is a plus including exposure to Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Loan Vision accounting software and Ellie Mae Encompass.
- Residential mortgage banking industry and familiarity with Mortgage banking/products and investors a plus, but not required.
- Financial Reporting and analysis. Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Excel.