- Lead month-end close process related to Shared Services.
- Review and Approval of Journal Entries.
- Work closely with Business leaders to understand key drivers for month-end performance vs. Plan.
- Preparation of Management Discussion and Analysis commentary related to Shared services month-end performance.
- Effective communication of month-end results to Management.
- Manage and develop a strong Shared Services Accounting Team of 4+ including Accounting Supervisor and 3 Staff Accountants.
- Develop employees by providing on the job training.
- Set and monitor KPI’s for the team to drive performance and ensure goals are met.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financial statements.
- Review and Approval of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations including but not limited Complex Prepaid Assets, Fixed and Intangible Assets, Payroll and Accrued Liabilities (i.e. Accrued Bonus, Medical Liability/IBNR), and Accrued Professional and Other Services.
- Ensure adequate supporting documentation is in place to support financial results.
- Review accounting data is accurately coded and complete.
- Research, Analyze and document issues arising in the course of business.
- Ensure processes are documented and back fill plan is in place (e.g. cross training).
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures related to areas of responsibility.
- Initiate or collaborate to drive Process Improvements for efficiency, quality, or compliance.
- Support Sr. Accounting Manager with management of External audits by researching and responding to accounting and financial questions.
- Ensure compliance and development of key internal controls and effective accounting procedures by identifying process improvements as well as communicating effectively and documenting as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required (CPA is a Plus).
- 6+ years of relevant experience, including an established record of success in progressively senior accounting/finance positions.
- Audit experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- ERP Experience (Oracle Netsuite is a plus).
- Strategic thinking and demonstrated intellectual curiosity (entrepreneurial spirit)
- Strong accounting experience, ideally in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
- Experience developing and coaching teams to perform at their full potential.