- Oversee the hiring, direction, mentoring, motivation, and evaluation of all Accounting Department staff.
- Measure and report the financial performance of branches and departments.
- Ensure ongoing A/P, A/R, G/L, Reporting and Reconciliation activity is efficiently and effectively carried out by the department.
- Adheres to tax laws and regulatory compliance to properly reflect the financial position.
- Oversee and support annual external financial statement audit.
- Responsible for month end financial reports
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years in a similar capacity in a financial institution
- Advanced MS. Excel skills, including macros, pivot tables, SQL tables, loading and manipulating data required.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost control principles, financial and accounting reporting systems and federal and state regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Must have a working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills