- Review submitted payroll documents (time sheets, expense reports, etc.) for accuracy and process payroll, and enter payroll into General Ledger. Reconcile payroll reports to general ledger. Generate special payroll-related reports as requested.
- Responsible for operation and administration of the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger systems.
- Review customer invoicing and generate reports for departmental use. Conduct a monthly review of outstanding receivables and address any collection issues.
- Perform monthly analysis of various general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations. Prepare and analyze monthly profit and loss statements, investigate variances, and write variance explanation for management.
- Prepare monthly closing of financials including profit and loss statements. Generate various internal and external reports as necessary.
- Coordinate and prepare documentation for audit, reconciling assigned schedules for annual external audit and provide additional schedules upon request.
- Work in partnership with external accounting firm that’s assigned to provide oversight and guidance.
- Review vendor invoices, employee expense reports, and check requests to ensure accurate and timely payment.
- Prepare financial reports for grant compliance.
- Responsible for managing Net Assets including temporary restricted, unrestricted, and permanent restricted assets. Responsible for corresponding balance sheet schedules.
- Assist with annual budget process.
- Assist with accreditation for the Better Business Bureau, and other regulatory agencies.
- Manage HR record keeping and employee benefits, including employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Track supply inventory and project costing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience.
- Experience with a non-profit organization preferred.
- Strong Excel and MS Office application skills.
- General knowledge of standard financial reports, cash flow, grant obligations, depreciation, and capital expenses.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to analyze variances, developing and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Strong communication skills.