The Accountant will assist and support the Controller and act as liaison and coordinator for monthly accounts payable and receivable.
- Record journal entries and post to general ledger
- Analyze and research accounts; reconcile and verify all accounts receivable/payable entries to ensure accuracy
- Generate financial statements; review additions to the Chart of Accounts and update the financial statement layout as required.
- Reconcile any discrepancies with customer accounts and issue authorized credits
- Complete federal excise tax, use sales tax returns, and reconcile all tax returns.
- Investigate new customer credit rating, establish line of credit and payment terms; oversee all collections.
- Provide supervision and direction to accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare weekly cash flow summary and meet with executive staff to project cash flow needs.
- Reconcile payroll bank account; review and sign-off on all other bank reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA required
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in similar or related positions with specific experience in accounting
- Broad knowledge of general accounting principles
- Strong Excel skills and dealing with complex accounting systems & databases.
- Experience with Great Plains software preferred.