- Review and make a sound decision on status of customer accounts, including on-hold orders.
- Establish new customer accounts.
- Record daily lockbox payments and process credit card and ACH payments.
- Review accounts receivable aging and past-due customer balances.
- Initiate collection calls to past-due customers. Research and document activity related to collections efforts.
- Resolve cash application discrepancies and unapplied cash.
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries.
- Initiate and issue customer adjustments, credits, and write-offs.
- Carry out receivable reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
- Provide copies of invoices and statements.
- Maintain all accounts receivable electronic files.
- Assist other department members as required.
- Associates Degree in accounting or related field required.
- At least 3 years of credit and collections experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and attain closure on collection issues.