Assists corporate and branch personnel across a wide range of financial and operational matters. Provides financial, sales, and profit analysis. Provides key financial assessments to assist in development and implementation of branch and Corporate strategic business plans. Consults with branch and regional management team to define needs and opportunities, conducts studies to obtain data and analyzes data to advise or recommend alternative activities. Analyzes business or operating procedures to devise most efficient methods of accomplishing work tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
· Works directly with Regional Vice Presidents, General Managers and other branch & corporate personnel to develop & review financial, sales and inventory budgets/ forecasts.
· Creates and distributes financial reports for branch and regional staff, including monthly financial review statements and other ad hoc reports.
· Responds to branch requests to analyze specific ad hoc financial decisions including ROI analysis.
· Monitors key branch reports and financial information to identify branch processes that are outside of control limits. Analyzes data gathered, develops information and recommends to branch management corrective actions or alternate methods of proceeding. Follows up to verify implementation of corrective action and nature of improvement.
· Gathers and organizes information on specific problems, including those related to present operating procedures. Analyzes data gathered, develops information and considers available solutions or alternate methods of proceeding. Organizes and documents findings of review and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures or organizational changes. Problems may be branch specific or corporate wide in nature.
· Continually analyzes information gathered from above listed activities to identify to management opportunities to improve processes at any or all branches. Develops programs to facilitate recommended improvements.
· During branch visits, reviews branch processes to verify, introduce and encourage use of company-wide best practices. Provides branch personnel with related guidance, training and documentation necessary to achieve compliance. Consults with General Manager to ascertain and define operational or financial areas for improvement and determine scope of investigation required to obtain solutions.
· Assists with evaluation and coordination of Capital Expenditure Requests (CER) — vehicle purchases, production machine purchases.
· Provides key support to branch management in start-up, change in key personnel or turnaround situations. Trains newly hired General Managers on financial systems, policies and procedures as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE — B.S./B.A. degree from four-year college or university. Three to five years related experience and/or training. Public accounting experience a plus though not required.
SKILLS/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED — Must have a comprehensive understanding and skill level in the following areas: Budgeting, Financial Analysis, MS Office Suite and relational database concepts. Strong PC skills are necessary. The following virtual and classroom training sessions are available to enhance skills: OFA/Financial Training, SX.e Training—Financial & Operational Reports, Physical Inventory Training, etc.
TRAVEL — The expectation for this position is that traveling to branch locations will occur between 10% and 25% of the time.