This position will be primarily responsible for handling the accounting transactions relating to employee credit card transactions, employee advances, employee expense reports including verifying the validity of charges, in accordance with the established accounting standards and policies and reconciling employee travel accounts and credit card statements. This position will support the CFO and Accounting Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department.
- Audit employee expense reports for validity of expenses
- Assign proper general ledger codes to expense report line items and prepare employee expense report vouchers for entry into ERP system
- Enter expense report vouchers into ERP system
- Review and reconcile credit card receipts to weekly/monthly credit card activity reports
- Assign proper general ledger codes to credit card receipts and prepare vouchers for entry into ERP system
- Enter vouchers into ERP system
- Identify and recommend improvements to the expense report/credit card voucher process.
- Become an integral part of the implementation of electronic expense report/credit card process.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the payroll process and act as a backup for Payroll processing.
- Assist in the implementation of the Accounts Payable automation project via becoming involved and gaining an understanding of the current AP processes
- Identify and recommend improvements to the Accounts Payable process.
- Reconcile employee ledger and follow up on any discrepancies
- Track and follow up on Employee Advances issued but not recorded on an expense report
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with Accounting or Finance major or equivalent experience required.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in accounting
- Must have strong accounting, analytical, computer, communication and organizational skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of project structure in a client/consultant in an A/E business environment a plus.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision software a plus.