Published: May 16, 2017
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Analyze variances to monitor results of operations and identify opportunities for profit improvement,
- Develop key financial reports for value streams, and management
- Routinely review financial and cost reports to identify and explain deviations from plans, forecasts, budgets, and prior periods.
- Routinely track trends in financial and operating results; identify and explain positive and negative trends.
- Utilize data on trends and deviations to develop recommendations for improving operations and profitability.
- Work with cost accountants to assist them in variance and trend analysis.
- Work with various divisional personnel to understanding their operations and reports, using this knowledge to assist them in improving performance and profitability.
- Assist in developing budgets, forecasts, operational reviews and profit analyses.
- Compile financial data from multiple sources (e.g., sales, production, accounting, and public sources) for use in developing reports and supporting management decisions.
- Develop schedules and reports required for annual financial statement audit.
- Prepare detailed reports and presentations for review by all levels in the organization.
- Provide backup and support for cost accounting activities, including analysis of inventory.
- Assist internal audit efforts, as required.
- Assist IT management in issues relating to financial reporting systems, as required.
- Requires bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA license or certificate in cost management valuable but not required.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in a financial, analytical position.
- Experience analyzing inventory cost reports.
- Experience developing and working with budgets and forecasts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables
- Flexibility to work required hours required to address critical department needs.
- Ability to travel, if needed.