Published: September 25, 2017
- Perform and supervises assigned internal control audits and services including planning, scoping, risk analysis, work program development, customer interaction, testing and reporting procedures in accordance with appropriate professional and department standards and within budgeted time-frames with moderate supervision from department management.
- Plan and reports on internal control audits, projects and services under moderate supervision.
- Evaluate management’s action plans submitted in response to findings to determine reasonableness and performs remediation testing in a timely manner.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to various levels of internal and external staff and management personnel with a high degree of professionalism.
- With internal audit management’s guidance, holds discussions with management regarding control weaknesses and prepares reports to management communicating final results including recommendations to improve operational, financial and information system practices.
- Monitor progress and status of assigned projects to ensure completion within budgeted time-frames, reporting any timing issues to audit management in a timely manner.
- Prepare final audit report drafts requiring minimal revision by internal audit department management
- Assist with departmental administrative reporting as required.
- Assist in ongoing risk assessment and understanding of business objectives through contact with client management.
- Supervise and provides fieldwork assistance to external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA strongly preferred
- 3-5 of experience in public accounting, preferably with a Big Four firm
- Hands-on experience in scoping, planning, managing and executing audits and projects
- Must be highly organized with an ability to stay in the detail, and resourceful to work effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Must have superior interpersonal abilities, ability to get along with diverse personalities, be tactful, mature and flexible.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, a high degree of personal integrity, attention to detail and strong investigative skills.
- Must be able to display initiative and accept responsibility for assigned tasks under minimal supervision.