Published: September 25, 2017
- Prepares and maintains journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, account analysis, and subsidiary ledgers.
- May produce financial statements and budget-to-actual reports.
- Prepares, analyzes and maintains trend information.
- Prepares audit and/or tax work papers for assigned areas.
- Performs detailed accounting, and supports the monthly close process and administration of the investment portfolios; including preparation and distribution of monthly investment related reports and internal and external investment reporting daily, weekly, quarterly, and annually.
- Performs reconciliation of investment related activity, including: custodial monthly reporting, custodial plan accounting, tax reporting, internal general ledgers, and investment manager statements.
- Maintenance of investment related GL accounts, GL reports, and Excel closing documents.
- Prepares, tracks, processes, and reconciles all alternative manager activities including capital calls, distributions, unfunded commitments, and valuation updates.
- Supports external audit by working directly with auditors, preparation of audit supporting schedules and confirmation requests for audits.
- Financial statement and footnote preparation which includes Topic 815 and 820, as well as other accounting disclosures.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or other pertinent field required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft accounting software is a plus.
- Intermediate Excel spreadsheet experience required.
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- CPA is preferred.
- Knowledge of investments, financing, capital markets, generally accepted accounting principles, financial reporting, financial analysis, and proficiency with a variety of software programs.