The Business Analyst is responsible for a variety of tasks related to capital asset accounting, capital project tracking and reporting, and finance projects that are both technical and cross-functional in nature.
Capital Asset & Project Responsibilities:
- Prepare and distribute monthly reporting related to capital projects.
- Assist in the reconciliation activities involving the CIP sub-ledger (Oracle EBS Fixed Assets), capital asset sub-ledger (SAGE Depreciation), general ledger (Oracle EBS general ledger), and financial consolidation reporting tool (SAP – BPC).
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries as needed.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly reporting for tax and audit.
Process Improvement & Finance Project Responsibilities:
- Evaluate current business processes and associated systems to identify improvement opportunities and implement approved changes.
- Produce high-quality process documentation as required.
- Prepare and conduct training as needed.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Shared Services to manage the daily activities of larger efforts and support achievement of project objectives.
- Serve on project teams as assigned. Take ownership of assigned tasks and drive them to completion.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions, document functional and technical requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between finance business areas and IT. Create functional and/or technical specifications as needed.
- Assist in the creation, execution, and monitoring of project plans including, but not limited to testing plans, communication plans, and change management plans.
- Assist in project administration activities including coordinating resources, obtaining status update, scheduling and conducting meetings, preparing roles and responsibilities statements, etc.
- Complete analysis assignments as required. This includes identifying what data is necessary to complete the analysis. Gathering and consolidating the data which may exist in multiple sources and formats ultimately analyzing the data, developing conclusions, packaging and presenting findings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in corporate accounting or finance. The ideal candidate has experience successfully establishing new or improving upon existing business processes involving various systems and functional areas.
- Must be at least proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Experience with Microsoft Projects and SharePoint is a plus. Candidate will be required to complete a Microsoft Office skills assessment.
- Must be knowledge in fundamental accounting concepts.
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to perform data and business process analysis.
- Must perform in a fast-paced environment where priorities and assignments change quickly.
- Must be a collaborative individual who can work effectively with people of various cultures.
- Experience with Oracle EBS, Sage Depreciation, and SAP BPC preferred.
- Yellow belt trained and/or CAPM certified preferred but not required.
- Strong communicator with good presentation abilities.
Ability to travel if needed. Mostly domestic but international could be possible.