We are searching for an individual with a strong knowledge of accounting principles and processes to join our team as an Assistant Controller. This is a hands-on position that will be responsible for day to day activities of the accounting team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:
· Responsible for month-end close including journal entries, revenue recognition and financial statement preparation.
· Completes monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, fixed assets and other balance sheet accounts.
· Perform monthly expense analysis to identify variances and determine if reclassifications are required.
· Performs other analysis as required.
· Cash management including cash reporting and forecasts.
· Assists with coordination of year-end audit and tax preparation.
· Responsible for compliance filings related to payroll and sales/use tax.
· Provide direct supervision for members of the accounting team.
· Advises accounting team regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
· Collaborates with Controller in monitoring and analyzing department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources.
· Maintain high level of internal control and accuracy.
· Lead by example by always living our company culture traits and assuring that all those associated with the team behave in a way consistent with our culture.
· Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Business or Accountancy.
· Experience: Minimum of 2-4 years in Public Accounting. Construction industry experience preferred.
· Systems: Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Vista experience a plus.
· Tenacity and commitment to tasks. Able to identify the important priorities that must be accomplished and see them through.
· Customer service. Consistently displays a positive attitude and is service oriented with the ability to maintain effective working relationships with vendors, management and colleagues.
· Flexible and adaptable to change. Capable of adjusting to changing situations very quickly. Must be able to anticipate future needs, understand necessary changes and then be willing to take initiative to adapt.
· Leadership ability. Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to lead and motivate others.
· Attention to detail. Proficient and thorough in all tasks, including data entry, account reconciliations, reporting and filing
· This position reports to the Controller.
· No travel is required.