- The candidate will provide hands-on leadership and a tactical perspective to help drive the Company’s growth and create shareholder value.
- Within finance, the Senior Accountant will utilize their technical accounting expertise to complete timely preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, and work with the Director of Accounting and Operations to provide critical analysis of financial accounts balance and variances.
- Prepare journal entries to ensure transactions are entered into the accounting system on an accurate and timely basis
- Perform GL account reconciliations and monthly analysis of balance sheet and selected income statement accounts
- Prepare and submit property, sales and use tax returns
- Implement standardized Operating Procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Prepare for financial audits and assist the Director of Accounting with the audit process
- Record intercompany transactions and reconcile balances with inter-company entities
- BS in Accounting required. CPA is a plus.
- Strong technical accounting background
- Prior experience with private equity and mergers and acquisitions preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- 3-5 years relevant experience in corporate accounting
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to recognize and resolve variances
- Ability to multitask simultaneously and effectively prioritize work
- Experience in implementation of enterprise financial system is strongly preferred