- Oversight responsibility for preparation and completion of all payrolls, payroll tax filings, and reports
- Oversight responsibility for completion of all shared service accounts payable activity and cash disbursement
- Responsible for coordination and oversight of internal and external audits. This includes financial, governmental, and benefit plans
- Active participation and review of system projects affecting financial records and reporting
- Maintain and make recommendations to improve our system of internal accounting controls
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with parent company’s standard accounting practices and GAAP
- Responsible for tax reports including Federal Tax package, State Income & Franchise Taxes, etc.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, and introduction of new programs/ strategies
- Must have strong problem solving and decision making skills as well as good business acumen
- Responsible for month-end and year-end closing and consolidation. Includes ensuring close timeliness and accuracy, account reconciliations, journal entry preparations/postings
- Provide leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long-term financial objectives
- Analyze financial and other performance data to evaluate processes, business decisions, product decisions, etc.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 5+ years of Finance and or Accounting Experience in Auditing & Manufacturing Industry is preferred
- Experience with various inventory accounting methodologies (Avg. Cost, FIFO, LIFO, etc.)
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of products: Ex. Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with Senior Management to ensure financial directives are followed
- Experience managing small to medium sized teams
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- A quick learner, deadline driven, with a can do attitude are essential traits for our successful candidate.
- Must have strong problem solving and decision making skills and good business acumen.