- Help management understand costs. Responsible for developing and analyzing cost on a contribution margin basis.
- Oversees the company’s match process for tracking key commodity costs and its impact on P&L results
- Work with management team to track daily sales, production, and inventory requirements
- Maintain and make recommendations to improve our system of internal accounting controls
- Responsible for ensuring that company follows parent’s standard accounting practices and GAAP.
- Experience with various inventory accounting methodologies (Avg. Cost, FIFO, LIFO, etc.)
- Works with parent company to complete local, state, federal income tax returns and insurance renewals.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies
- Responsible for month-end and year-end closing and consolidation. Includes ensuring close timeliness and accuracy, account reconciliations, journal entry preparations/postings.
- Provide analytical support for new business opportunities.
- Provides leadership in the development and the continuous evaluation of short and long-term financial objectives.
- Ensure timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Prepare forecasts for the business each month (month, quarter, year) and compare to budget & prior year
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 5+ years of Finance and or Accounting Experience in Auditing & Manufacturing Industry is preferred
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of products: Ex. Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience managing small to medium sized teams